Congratulations to our two winners of our latest contest. They are:
Kristine Hanson who wrote:
I love to make quilts for gifts...ecspecially twin or throw sized...perfect for an adult to have, what adult still does not like to have a blanket on them while napping? LOVE your stuff..LOVE.LOVE.LOVE!
and Ariane who wrote:
I love these patterns. They are amazing. I like large quilt patterns and small projects. I always have a small projects on the go when I'm working on large quilts. Sometimes, I need a quick project, quick satisfaction to keep me motivated to get my larger project done. Thanks for sharing
Kristine and Ariane will both recieve our entire collection of Authentic patterns. Just e-mail us at email@example.com with your address and we will get them to you.
Thank you to everyone who entered! We certainly had fun reading your comments.
Now, for the Jelly Roll. This may be the quickest and most simple quilt ever! All the cutting is done for you, and you get all your quilting done while making the actual quilt.
For our quilt, we used one jelly roll plus about 1/2 of another. Of course, we would love for you to use the Authentic collection.
Here are the instructions:
- Use 64 Jelly Roll Strips (this will make 32 rows).
- Cut 30 1.5” x 44” batting strips.
- Cut 2 pieces of batting 2” wide to be used at each end.
- Layer the batting between two jelly roll strips.
- Machine quilt down the center using a straight stitch or a curved one.
- The first and last rows use the 2” wide batting. Match the batting to the edges of the fabric strip.
- After quilting all the rows, sew together with a 3/8” seam allowance with a short stitch length.
- Clip the seam allowance 1/4” about every 1”. Don’t worry if the sides are not even- you will need to trim them after all the rows are stitched.
- Bind and wash on the gentle cycle.
- After removing from the washer, you will need to cut off the raveled threads.
- Dry and enjoy!