Another weekend- another project. Here is a great idea for $10. We found this lamp with the shade included at Wal-Mart (yes Wal-Mart) for only $10! The shade was plain and kind of boring, so this is an easy way to jazz it up. Besides the lamp, the only other materials you need are a small bottle of decoupage, fabric and some fusible web. Here are the directions:
- Place a piece of paper over one section of the lamp shade and trace the curved lines with a pencil. Cut out on the traced lines.
- Lay the pattern on your desired fabric and trace around the pattern. Repeat this for each section in your shade.
- Cut out the fabric on the traced lines.
- Decoupage the pieces of fabric to the lampshade right over the original fabric.
- Cover the edges of each piece by ironing 3/4" wide fusible web to strips of 1" fabric.
- Cut the strips to 1/2" wide.
- Decoupage the strips over the edges that meet on the sections. The fusible web will keep the edges from fraying and gives it a finished look.
- For the top and bottom- iron fusible web to lengths of fabric that fit the circumference of the top and bottom edges, making the strips 1/4" wide.
- Decoupage the strips to the top and bottom of the shade.
- You can give the entire shade a final coat of decoupage if desired.
This week we are featuring our personalized stationery in our store. Until September 7, our blog readers can take 15% off any custom stationery order. To view all the styles, click here. Each set includes 25 folded note cards and envelopes and are printed on a heavy weight linen card stock. Please enter the code sweet123 at checkout to receive the discount. Here are just a few examples:
By the way, the stationery makes a great gift for someone you love- or even for yourself! Have a great Monday!
-posted by Lisa